Aim. Weymouth Social Volleyball (WSV) aims to promote the playing of volleyball through social competition based in the Weymouth area.
Our subsidiary aims are, through the medium of volleyball:
- Health. Let people enjoy competition, become fitter, appreciate the values of team work and learn new skills.
- Inclusion. Allow for mixed ability, age and gender to play together.
- Training. To create learning sessions to develop skills of the people involved.
- Competition. To form separate divisions to allow for equal levels of competition.
- League. Develop a league programme with end of season trophies.
Standard: The WSV caters for all standards by the careful application of handicap aimed at giving the raw beginner a fighting chance against the seasoned players. WSV welcomes players of all ages and ability.
Values: WSV believe in good sportsmanship:
- Enjoy – Being involved in sport
- Respect – Players and Officials
- Improve – Skills and fitness
- Compete – Strive to do your best, try to win but accept defeat gracefully
Season: This season will run on WEDNESDAYS from 04 September 2019 to 01 April 2020, as detailed in the 2019/20 Season Dates page.
Competitions: We aim to run competitions throughout the season to include:
- Practice Night (04 Sep 2019). At the start of the season the first week is set aside to practice and to draw teams to the league fixtures.
- League (11 Sep 2019 to 18 Mar 2020. Throughout the season the League will run over three phases
- End of Season Tournament (25 Mar 2020). As the culmination of the season a tournament will be held.
- End of Season Presentation Evening (01 Apr 2020). The season concludes with the Presentation Evening for presentation of annual and individual trophies for players of:
- Winners Div 1
- Winners Div 2
- Winners Div 3
- Winners of End of Season Tournament
- Individual trophies for players of winning teams
- Most Valued Player
- Additional trophies where considered appropriate.
Location: Weymouth College Community Sports Centre
Times: Wednesday evenings between 19:00 and 21:30
Season: 04 Sep 2019 – 01 Apr 2020
Cost: £180.00 per team (Same as 2018/19 Season))
Teams: Teams may apply to join WSV via the Team Registration form. Joining the league is subject to WSV approval.
Players: Individual players both experienced and beginners are welcome. By limiting teams to nine players we hope to encourage maximum court time for everyone.
- 19:00-19:10 – Assist Court Setup
- 19:10-19:20 – Warm Up
- 19:20-20:20 – First Timed Matches – 20 mins/set
- 20:20-20:30 – Warm Up
- 20:30-21:30 – First Timed Matches – 20 mins/set
- 21:30 – Assist Centre Staff to stow gear
volleyballweymouth.uk is the Website Identiy of Weymouth Social Volleyball (WSV).